Grilled Lamb with Anchovy and Mustard
These flavoursome lamb skewers are made with lamb neck fillets and prepared using only five ingredients. Lamb cubes are marinated in an anchovy and mustard paste, threaded onto skewers and grilled or cooked on the barbecue.
- 450g lean lamb neck fillets or boneless shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm cubes
- For the Mustard and Anchovy Paste:
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- From the Store Cupboard:
- 100ml rapeseed or olive oil
- To prepare the paste; put the anchovies, rosemary, vinegar, mustard, seasoning and oil in a food processor or blender and whizz together for 1-2 minutes to make a rough paste.
- Put the lamb in a large bowl and add the paste, stir gently, cover and marinate in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and thread onto 8 small wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes). Cook on a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue or for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve with flatbreads and a salad garnish.