Grilled Lamb with Anchovy and Mustard
- 450g/1lb lean lamb neck fillets or boneless shoulder, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- For the Mustard and Anchovy Paste
- :4 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped rosemary leaves
- 60ml/4tbsp red wine vinegar
- 20ml/4tsp Dijon mustard
- From the Store Cupboard
- :100ml/3½fl oz rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
To prepare the paste; put the anchovies, rosemary, vinegar, mustard, seasoning and oil in a food processor or blender and whizz together for 1-2 minutes to make a rough paste.
Put the lamb in a large bowl and add the paste, stir gently, cover and marinate in the fridge for up to 1 hour.
Remove the lamb from the marinade and thread onto 8 small wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes). Cook on a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue or for 6-8 minutes on each side.
Serve with flatbreads and a salad garnish.