Summer BBQ Lamb Kebabs
Lamb kebabs with a choice of marinades to please all the family. Tandoori or oregano, paprika and yogurt both are quick to prepare and add delicious flavour.
- 450g lean boneless lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 5cm cubes
For the Tandoori Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons prepared tandoori paste
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- 9 spring onions, cut into 3cm long pieces OR
For the Oregano, Paprika and Yogurt Marinade:
- 5 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 9 spring onions, cut into 3cm long pieces
- In a large bowl mix together the preferred marinade ingredients. Add the lamb, stir gently, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, or ideally overnight.
- Thread the lamb cubes and spring onions onto 4 metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water) and cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally until any meat juices run clear.
- For the tandoori kebabs serve with pilau rice salad and for the oregano and paprika lamb kebabs serve with pitta bread and a mixed tomato salad.