Masala Lamb Kebabs
Serve with naan bread and a cucumber, tomato and onion raita
- 450g/1lb lean boneless leg lamb, cut into 5cm/2inch cubes
- :1 medium onion, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 10ml/2tsp garam masala
- 10ml/2tsp ground coriander
- 5ml/1tsp ground cumin
- 60ml/4tbsp thick Greek yogurt
- 60ml/4tbsp mango chutney
- Small handful freshly chopped coriander
- 20 fresh bay leaves
- 20 small whole green chillies, optional
- In a large bowl mix together the marinade ingredients. Add the lamb, stir gently, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, or ideally overnight.
- Thread the meat onto 4 short metal skewers.
- Cook on a preheated moderate grill or prepared barbecue for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with naan bread and a cucumber, tomato and onion raita