Coriander and Lemon Infused Lamb Kebabs with ChickPea and Sweet Corn Salsa
Zesty lamb or beef kebabs served with a chick pea and sweetcorn salsa for a fresh and colourful barbecue feast.
- 450g/1lb lean lamb leg or shoulder steaks, cut into 2.5cm/1inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into small wedges
- 1 lemon, cut into small wedges
For the Marinade
- :Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- 60ml/4tbsp olive or sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
For the Chickpea and Sweet Corn Salsa
- :½ x 410g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 75g/3oz sweet corn kernels
- Small bunch freshly chopped parsley
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 2.5ml/½tsp ground cumin
- 10ml/2tsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Prepare the marinade; in a large shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Thread the lamb, onion and lemon onto 4 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in cold water for 20 minutes). Place in a shallow dish, pour over the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or overnight.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa; in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Cook the kebabs on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 12-16 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the kebabs with the salsa.