Spiced Lamb Kebabs
Lamb leg steaks cut into cubes and coated with crushed garlic, ground cinnamon, cumin, oil and the zest and juice of 1 lemon and seasoning. Lamb is threaded onto kebab skewers and cooked on a prepared barbecue or under a grill. Serve the quick mid-week dish with a couscous and chickpea salad with freshly chopped mint and a citrus dressing. To see of video of this recipe click here.
- 450g lean boneless lamb leg steaks, neck fillet or shoulder, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons rapeseed or olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Place the lamb in a large shallow dish. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to coat the cubes.
Thread the lamb onto 8 small or 4 large metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water) and transfer onto a large plate or foil-lined tray.
Cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until any meat juices run clear.
Serve with a couscous and chickpea salad with freshly chopped mint and a lemon dressing.