Lamb Caesar Salad
- 4 x 150g/5½oz lean lamb leg steaks, cut into cubes
- 5ml/1tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- For the Anchovy Dressing
- :60ml/4tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Large handful fresh parsley leaves
- 10ml/2tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 6 anchovies in oil, drained
- For the Salad
- :1 large Cos or Romaine lettuce, rinsed and roughly torn
- 1 x 100g bag prepared bread croutons
- 1 punnet fresh cress
- 25g/1oz Parmesan shavings, to garnish
To prepare the dressing; pour the oil into a food processor or blender. Add the parsley, mustard, lemon juice, 45ml/3tbsp warm water, anchovies and seasoning.
Mix until you have a smooth sauce. Adjust the seasoning and lemon juice, if required.
Heat a non-stick griddle or plain frying pan without oil for 2-3 minutes. Brush the lamb cubes with oil, season and cook, tossing occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until any meat juices run clear. Transfer to a warm plate and leave to rest for 1-2 minutes.
.Meanwhile, to prepare the salad; put all the ingredients in a large bowl with the lamb and any meat juices. Toss gently and drizzle over the anchovy sauce.
Garnish with the Parmesan and serve immediately.