Aromatic Lamb Cutlets
This is a great mid-week recipe that uses lamb cutlets or chops and a prepared tikka or Tandoori paste for extra speed, then served with a refreshing cucumber, coriander and yogurt raita.
- 8 lean lamb cutlets or chops
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared tikka or tandoori paste
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
For the Cucumber, Coriander and Yogurt Raita
- :1 x 200g tub natural or Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 small handful freshly chopped coriander
- Place the lamb on a shallow dish. Mix together the tandoori paste and garlic. Brush the mixture over the meat on both sides. Cover and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Prepare the raita; in a small bowl mix together all the ingredients and set aside.
- Brush off any excess paste from the chops and cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Serve the chops with plain basmati rice, poppadoms, the raita and mango chutney.