Lamb Cutlets with Creole Mojo Sauce
A tasty Latin American inspired recipe featuring lamb cutlets in a creole marinade of oil, oranges, lime, cumin, garlic and hot pepper sauce.
- 8 lean lamb cutlets or 4 lamb loin chops
For the Creole Garlic Marinade (Mojo Criollo):
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- To prepare the marinade; in a large shallow non-metallic dish mix all the ingredients together. Place the cutlets or chops in the marinade mixture and coat well on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, or if time allows overnight.
- Remove the cutlets or chops from the marinade (reserve the marinade) and cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, heat the marinade in a small pan until piping hot and pour over the chops before serving.
- Serve the lamb with the quinoa and sugar snap pea salad.