Garlic and Mustard Marinated Steaks
Lean, boneless lamb leg steaks marinated in apple juice, garlic, mustard and seasoning. Perfect mid-week meal cooked on the barbecue or under the grill. Serve with a red pepper, rocket and potato salad.
- 2 x 150g lean boneless lamb leg steaks, fat removed
For the marinade:
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh apple juice
- 2 teaspoons Wholegrain or Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- In a shallow dish mix all the marinade ingredients together. Add the steaks and coat on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or if time allows, overnight.
Remove the steaks from the fridge at least 10 minutes before cooking to bring up to room temperature.
Cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until the meat juices run clear.
Serve with green beans and a red pepper, rocket and potato salad with mustard mayonnaise.