Lamb Steaks with Broad Bean,Courgette and Chive Salad
Boneless lamb leg or shoulder steaks, grilled or barbecued (bbq) and served with a courgette, broad bean and chive salad with an elderflower vinaigrette.
- 6-8 lean boneless lamb leg or shoulder steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 large sprigs freshly chopped rosemary
- 30ml/2tbsp olive oil
- 60ml/4tbsp elderflower cordial
For the Broad Bean, Courgette and Chive Salad:
- 175g/6oz fresh broad beans, blanched
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced
- 100g/4oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped chives
For the Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 45ml/3tbsp red wine vinegar
- 60ml/4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp elderflower cordial
- In a shallow dish mix the seasoning, rosemary, oil and elderflower together. Add the lamb, coat on both sides with the mixture, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Prepare the salad; place all the ingredients in a large bowl. To make the dressing; place all the ingredients into a screw-topped jar, season and shake well. Pour over the salad and toss.
- Meanwhile, cook the steaks under a preheated grill or on a prepared barbecue (bbq) for 6-8 minutes on each side or until any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the lamb with the salad and rye or granary bread.