Oriental BBQ Lamb Kebabs
These tasty lamb kebabs have a teriyaki, soy and ginger marinade to tenderise and flavour them before grilling. A perfect barbecue recipe for something a bit different.
- 450g lean lamb leg steaks, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 small red onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 12-14 sugar snap peas
For the Marinade:
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 x 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped or crushed
- Freshly milled black pepper
- In a large plastic food bag mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Put the lamb in the bag, seal, shake gently and leave to marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Thread the lamb with the vegetables onto 6 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes). Cook under a preheated grill or prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the kebabs onto a warm plate and serve with stir-fried vegetables.