Roast Lamb and Summer Vegetables with Mint Pesto
A wonderful alfresco lamb recipe with cubes of lamb neck fillets, new potatoes and Mediterranean vegetables, roasted and served with a mint pesto.
- 675g lean lamb neck fillet, or boneless shoulder steak, cubed
- 450g new potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 small aubergines, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 small red peppers, cored, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
For the Mint Pesto:
- 4 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 1 large bunch fresh mint leaves, stalks removed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, 170°C Fan, Gas Mark 5.
- Parboil the potatoes for 5-7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large roasting tin, mix together the lamb, potatoes, garlic, aubergines, peppers, oil and seasoning then spread out evenly.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes until the lamb is melting tender and the vegetables are cooked. From time to time during cooking shake the pan.
- Meanwhile prepare the pesto: Put the almonds, mint leaves, mustard and seasoning in a food processor or blender and blend to a rough paste. Gradually add the oil in a steady flow. Season well.
- Spoon the pesto into a bowl and serve with the lamb with plenty of garlic bread.