The Ultimate Beefburger
Succulent, tasty burger with beef mince and topped with cheese. Works well on grill or barbecue.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano or marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco or sweet chilli sauce
- 25-50g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 50g blue cheese, crumbled, or grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Place the beef in a large bowl and add the onion, garlic salt, seasoning, herbs, Tabasco or sweet chilli sauce, breadcrumbs and blue or mozzarella cheese.
- Stir in the egg. Mix together thoroughly, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Using damp hands shape the mixture into 4-6 evenly sized burgers.
- Brush the burgers with a little oil and cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated moderate grill for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve the burgers on rolls of your choice with salad leaves and serve with tomato sauce or relish and potato wedges sprinkled with grated cheese.