Brisket with Mushrooms and Tarragon (Slow Cooker Version)
A boneless beef brisket joint cooked low and slow with a selection of vegetables and beans.
- 1 x 1.3kg lean beef brisket or silverside joint
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil or rapeseed oil
- 2 red onions, peeled and chopped
- 300g mixed mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 600ml good, hot beef stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon
- 2 tablespoons prepared chilli sauce, optional
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 225g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Place the joint on a chopping board and season. Place the joint in the base of a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Turn a large slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours, or according to your manufacturers’ handbook.
Serve the brisket with mash or warm crusty bread.