Curried Beef Pasties
A twist on the traditional pasty, curried beef mince mixed with mango chutney and peas in puff pastry makes a light lunch or nibble.
- 225g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 100g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 50g frozen peas
- 1 x 500g pack prepared puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a non-stick pan dry fry the beef with the onion and potato for 4-5 minutes until brown. Add the curry paste, mango chutney and peas. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 180-190°C, 160-170°C, Fan, Gas Mark 4-5.
- Meanwhile roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface to approximately 38cm x 38cm. Cut into six by cutting in half lengthways and then cut each half across into 3. Divide the mince between the six pieces of pastry, brush the edges with a little beaten egg and fold the corners over to seal, pressing with a fork to seal tightly.
- Place onto a non-stick baking tray and brush each pasty all over with egg. Cook in a preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve the pasties with chutney or yogurt dip, mixed salad or potato wedges.