Curried Beef Pasties
A twist on the traditional pasty, curried beef mince mixed with mango chutney and peas in puff pastry makes a light lunch or nibble.
- 225g/8oz lean beef mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 100g/4oz potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 30ml/2tbsp curry paste
- 30ml/2tbsp mango chutney
- 50g/2oz frozen peas
- 1 x 500g pack prepared puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a non-stick pan dry fry the beef with the onion and potato for 4-5 minutes until brown. Add the curry paste, mango chutney and peas. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4-5, 180-190°C, 350-375°F.
- Meanwhile roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface to approximately 38cmx38cm (15x15 inches). Cut into six by cutting in half lengthways and then cut each half across into 3. Divide the mince between the six pieces of pastry, brush the edges with a little beaten egg and fold the corners over to seal, pressing with a fork to seal tightly. Place onto a non-stick baking tray and brush each pasty all over with egg. Cook in a preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve the pasties with chutney or yogurt dip, mixed salad or potato wedges.