Harissa Lamb and Rice Salad
This recipe is a super, speedy meal that is cooked in under 10 minutes. Thin cut lamb steaks brushed with harissa paste, cooked and served with a flavour-packed rice salad made with wholegrain rice, sweetcorn, roasted peppers. chilli, fresh coriander or parsley, rocket leaves and fresh lemon juice.
- 400g thin cut lamb steaks
- 1 tablespoon harissa paste
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or olive oil
- 1 x 250g pouch wholegrain rice, cooked and cooled quickly
- 1 x 198g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 1 x 280g jar roasted sweet peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
- Large bunch freshly chopped coriander or flat-leaf parsley
- 1 x 60g bag fresh rocket or baby spinach leaves
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan until hot.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix the harissa and oil together. Brush the steaks on both sides with the flavoured oil.
- Cook the lamb for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium) then cut into strips. If you want your steaks less pink, cook for a further 1-2 minutes on both sides.
- In a large bowl, add the rice, sweetcorn, peppers, chilli (if used), herbs, rocket or spinach leaves and lamb.
- Season to taste, add lemon juice and mix together. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.