These delicious bite-size canapés are great for entertaining and made with sheets of filo pastry, hot prepared lamb keema and garnished with mango chutney and fresh coriander leaves.
- 350g/12oz prepared lamb keema
- 30ml/2tbsp hot vegetable stock or water
- ½ x 200g pack prepared filo pastry sheets, thawed if frozen
- 50g/2oz butter, melted
- Fresh rocket leaves, to garnish
- Mango chutney, to garnish
- Fresh coriander or mint leaves, to garnish
- Put the keema in a large bowl with the stock or water and mix gently until the mixture loosens slightly. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6, 200°C, 400°F.
- To prepare the filo pastry, brush the filo sheets with the melted butter and with a sharp knife cut into 6 x 6cm/2½inch squares. Group together three buttered filo squares placing each one at a slightly different angle. Gently press down into two x 12 hole mini-muffin tins.
- Place a heaped teaspoonful of the keema in each case. Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- Remove from the oven and gently transfer the canapés to a metal cooling rack and set aside.
- Place on a serving platter dressed with rocket leaves; garnish each with a small spoonful the mango chutney and fresh coriander or mint leaves before serving..