Keema Shepherd's Pie
- 450g//1lb prepared lamb keema
- 150ml/¼pint good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 675g/1½lb prepared root vegetable mash or any mash of your choice
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander
Put the prepared keema in a large non-stick pan with the stock and heat for 3-4 minutes until piping hot, breaking up the mixture with a wooden spoon. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
Spoon the lamb into a large ovenproof baking dish or 4 small ovenproof dishes. Heat the mash and spoon over the keema. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the mash is golden. Garnish with the herbs and serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.