Keema Shepherd's Pie (1)
A twist on an old favourite using an aromatic mixture of spices and lamb mince . Great made into individual servings or for the family and makes a great mid week meal.
- 450g/1lb prepared lamb keema
- 150ml/¼pint good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 675g/1½lb prepared root vegetable mash or any mash of your choice
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander, optional
- Put the keema in a large non-stick pan with the stock and heat for 3-4 minutes until piping hot, breaking up the mixture with a wooden spoon. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C, 350°F.
- Spoon the lamb into a large ovenproof baking dish or 4 small ovenproof dishes. Heat the mash and spoon over the keema. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the mash is golden. Garnish with the herbs and serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.