Keema Shepherd's Pie
This is a new take on traditional Shepherd's Pie but with a twist. The filling is a lamb keema base and the topping is prepared mash (or you can make your own with either a mixture of sweet potatoes or butternut squash and potatoes) and sprinkled with breadcrumbs for an extra crunch.
- 450g prepared lamb keema
- 150ml good, hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 675g prepared root vegetable mash or any mash of your choice
- 2 tablespoons fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or coriander
- Put the prepared keema in a large non-stick pan with the stock and heat for 3-4 minutes until piping hot, breaking up the mixture with a wooden spoon. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
- Spoon the lamb into a large ovenproof baking dish or 4 small ovenproof dishes. Heat the mash and spoon over the keema. Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until the mash is golden. Garnish with the herbs and serve with a selection of seasonal vegetables.