Lamb Rosettes with Preserved Lemons, Radishes and Parsley Salad Relish
A quick salad using lamb rosettes (taken from the shoulder and available at butcher shops) or lamb cutlets, marinated in preserved lemons, garlic, fresh parsley and some store cupboard ingredients. Great cooked on the barbecue and the recipe uses only five ingredients, but full on flavour.
- 4 lean lamb rosettes or cutlets
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 75g/3oz preserved lemons in oil (available at larger supermarkets in jars) drained, oil reserved and roughly chopped
- 6 radishes, topped, tailed and sliced
- 1 x 20-25g pack flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- From the Store Cupboard
- :Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- Flat or pitta breads, to serve
Put the rosettes or cutlets in a plastic food bag with the garlic, 25g/1oz of the preserved lemons, seasoning and the oil. Toss gently, seal and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes, or overnight if time allows.
Put the remaining preserved lemons and 20ml/4tsp of the reserved oil, radishes and parsley in a large bowl. Season and mix together.
Cook the rosettes or cutlets under a preheated grill or prepared barbecue for 6- 8 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, warm the flat or pitta breads.
Serve the lamb with the salad and the bread.