Minced Lamb Tagine (Quick)
A great Middle Eastern dish featuring lamb mince and served with a lemony couscous and takes only 15 minutes to prepare.
- 450g lean lamb mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped or 8 tablespoons ready prepared diced onions
- 1 x 350g jar prepared Moroccan tagine sauce
- 75g ready to eat apricots or prunes, halved
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Heat a large non-stick pan and dry fry the lamb with the onion for 3-4 minutes, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon.
- Add the sauce; bring to the boil and cook according to the jar instructions.
- 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time add the dried fruit and chickpeas.
- Garnish with the herbs and serve with instant couscous and a side salad.