Piri Piri Beef and Bean Salad
A quick anytime thin cut beef salad with piri piri seasoning, red peppers, chickpeas, tomatoes and herbs.
- 2 thin cut beef steaks
- 2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 2tsp prepared piri-piri seasoning
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas or bolotti beans
- 10 baby plum or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Juice of ½ lime
- Large handful salad leaves, to garnish
- Brush half the oil over the steaks and season with the piri piri seasoning.Heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas or beans and tomatoes to warm through then remove from the heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Stir through the half the herbs.Heat the same frying pan until hot. Add the steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium).
- Add the lime juice and salad leaves to the bowl with the peppers and the remaining coriander.
- Slice the beef, add to the salad, season, if required, toss and serve immediately with good crusty bread.