Spicy Scotch Eggs
- 225g lean lamb mince
- 4 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup or sweet chilli sauce
- 25g chorizo, skinned and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50g fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- Sweet chilli sauce or mayonnaise
1. Cook the eggs in a pan of boiling water for 3 minutes, until just soft. Transfer to a bowl of ice-cold water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl mix the mince, garlic, ketchup or sweet chilli sauce, seasoning, chorizo and herbs.
3. Peel the eggs and divide the lamb mix into four then wrap the sausage meat around each egg. Make sure the coating is smooth and completely covers each egg. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160°C Fan, Gas Mark 4.
4. Dip each sausage meat-coated egg in the beaten egg, rolling to coat completely, then dip and roll into the breadcrumbs.
5. Transfer to a foil-lined ovenproof dish and bake for 25 minutes.
6. Serve with a sweet chilli dip made with sweet chilli sauce and mayonnaise.