Sticky Asian Brisket Slow Cooker Version
A whole brisket joint slow cooked until meltingly tender with Asian inspired ingredients like oyster sauce, star anise and fresh ginger. Great for cold evenings to warm you and your tastebuds up.
- 1.3kg lean brisket or silverside joint
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 star anise
- 1 x 5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 150ml oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons black treacle
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- Place the joint on a chopping board and make several slashes over the surface and season. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and brown the joint on all sides. Transfer to a large slow cooker, add the remaining ingredients.
- Turn the slow cooker on to HIGH and cook for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours, or according to your manufacturer’ handbook.
- Shred the beef, toss in the sauce and serve with chilli noodles and steamed pak choi.