Tangy Pot Roast - Slow Cooker Version
Warming pot roast with silverside or brisket joint slowly cooked with ale and barbecue sauce for a tangy twist. Works in slow cooker.
- 1.3kg/3lb lean silverside or brisket joint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 3 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 celery sticks, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300ml/½pint brown ale, stout or good, hot beef stock
- 100ml/3½floz ready-made barbecue sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- Place the joint on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Place the joint in the base of a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Turn a large slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours, or according to your manufacturers’ handbook.
- Serve the pot roast with the cheesy mash or pasta.