Tangy Pot Roast - Slow Cooker Version
Warming slow cooker pot roast with silverside or brisket joint slowly cooked with ale and barbecue sauce for a tangy twist.
- 1.3kg lean silverside or brisket joint
- 3 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 celery sticks, peeled and roughly chopped
- 300ml brown ale, stout or good, hot beef stock
- 100ml ready-made barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into chunks
- Place the joint on a chopping board and season with salt and pepper. Place the joint in the base of a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Turn a large slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours, or according to your manufacturers’ handbook.
- Serve the pot roast with the cheesy mash or pasta.