Try this Asian inspired midweek roast that is on the table in under an hour and uses only five ingredients!
- 1 x 400-450g beef mini roast (we used beef topside)
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 15ml/1tbsp rapeseed or sunflower oil
- 60ml/4tbsp prepared teriyaki sauce
- 60ml/4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5, 190°C, 375°F.
In a small bowl mix together the teriyaki and sweet chilli sauce.
Place the joint on a chopping board, make several slashes over the surface, season and brush with the oil all over. Transfer to a medium non-stick roasting tin and cook for 30-35 minutes. Lightly cover with foil if browning too quickly.
During the last 10-15 minutes of the cooking time brush with the teriyaki mixture and return to the oven and cook uncovered for the remainder of the cooking time.
Remove the beef from the oven, cover and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes then slice and serve with vegetable stir-fry noodles.