Thai Lamb Curry - Slow Cooker Version
Slow cooker recipe for authentic green thai curry with cubes of lamb leg, shoulder or neck fillet and coconut milk.
- 675g lean boneless lamb shoulder cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
- 1 x 400g Coconut Milk
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 green or red chillies, deseeded and fineley sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, finely crushed
- 2 fresh lemon grass stalks (available at all good supermarkets), finely sliced
- Large handful fresh coriander leaves
- Large handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- Place all the curry paste ingredients except the garnish into a blender and blend together until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the lamb mix to combine with the paste. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place the meat with the marinade into the base of the slow cooker with the coconut milk. Turn a large slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours, or according to your manufacturers’ handbook. Stir well before serving.
- Garnish with sliced chillies, spring onions or extra coriander leaves and serve with plain basmati rice and wilted spinach leaves.