A twist on the classic lasagne with beef mince that uses tortillas or wraps instead of lasagne sheets.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped or 8 tablespoons ready prepared diced onions
- 75g fresh or frozen diced prepared mixed vegetables
For the Bolognese Sauce:
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup or purée
- 2 tablespoons garlic purée, or to taste
- Pinch sugar
For the cheese sauce:
- 1 x 470g jar (approx) prepared cheese sauce (chilled tubs are good too)
- 50g grated hard cheese. e.g Cheddar
- 4-6 corn tortillas or wraps
- To prepare the Bolognese sauce; place all the sauce ingredients in a large pan, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick pan and dry fry the mince in batches for 5-7 minutes, breaking up any lumps with the back of a spoon. Add the onions and vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir the sauce into the mince, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C,200°C Fan, Gas Mark 7. Spoon half the Bolognese mixture in the base of a 25cm square ovenproof dish. Cover with a layer of tortillas or wraps then repeat the method. Top with an even layer of cheese sauce, sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with mixed salad and garlic bread.