Beef Filo Parcels
Beef mince cooked in aromatic spices, onions, potatoes and peas. The filling is wrapped in filo pastry brushed with mango chutney to form parcels, then baked. Serve as `food on the go'.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 225g waxy potatoes, peeled, cooked and diced
- 100g fresh green peas
- 1 x 400g pack filo pastry
- Melted butter, for brushing
- 4 tablespoons mango chutney, mixed with 2 tablespoons hot water
- Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion until soft. Add the cumin and turmeric, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the minced beef, in batches and cook until brown. Add the potatoes and green peas and cook for 5-6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Remove the filo pastry from the packaging and cover with a slightly damp cloth to prevent the pastry from drying out.
- Lay 2-3 filo pastry sheets on top of each other, brushing each sheet with a little melted butter. Cut into 10cm squares.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C, Gas mark 6.
- Lightly brush a little of the mango chutney over the filo square and top with a spoonful of the filling. Gather up the edges, pinching them together to form a parcel.
- Place onto a baking sheet and repeat the process with the remaining filo and meat filling.
- Lightly brush the top of each parcel with melted butter and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Serve hot or cold with a mixed green leaf and radish salad.