Sticky Lamb Parcels
This recipe uses baking paper to parcel up lamb rumps or boneless leg steaks with basmati rice, mushrooms and purple sprouting broccoli with a wonderful sticky sauce to create a quick meal that you can just pop into the oven for 25 minutes. With only 294kcal per portion, this dish is a delicious way of cooking lamb particularly in spring.
- 2 lean lamb rumps or boneless leg steaks
- 100g brown basmati rice, cooked
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick, halved
- 50g mushrooms, sliced
- Grated zest of ½ lemon
- 100g purple sprouting broccoli, divided into small pieces or florets
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- Fresh lemon thyme, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C,180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6..
- Cut two x 20cm x 30cm pieces of non-stick baking or parchment paper. Place each paper on a large baking tray or roasting tin. Divided the cooked rice between the papers.
- Season the lamb, place on top of the rice with the star anise, cinnamon, mushrooms, lemon zest and broccoli.
- In a small bowl mix together the hoisin sauce and sherry, spoon the mixture over the lamb. Fold the edges of each piece to form a loose parcel (or lightly fasten with cocktail sticks at each end).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Open the parcels, remove the cinnamon and star anise, garnish with the thyme and serve immediately.