Beef Waldorf Salad
A modern take on a classic salad using thin cut steaks with a delicious mayonnaise and creme fraiche dressing, lettuce, apples, celery and walnuts.
- 400g thin cut beef steaks
- 1tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- 3tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 3tbsp reduced fat crème fraiche or soured cream
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 2 little gem lettuces, leaves separated and roughly torn
- 50g walnut halves, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Brush the steaks with oil, season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs all over.
- Heat a non-stick pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side (for medium). Cool slightly and cut into strips.
- In a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, crème fraiche or soured cream, celery, lettuce and half the walnuts,
- Core and cut the apples into matchsticks and add to the bowl with the salad ingredients.
- Add the beef to the salad, sprinkle with the remaining walnuts and serve immediately.