Tip: If preferred replace the ginger with 15ml-30ml (1-2tbsp) prepared curry powder and the Worcestershire sauce with prepared mango chutney To prevent the burgers breaking up during cooking on the barbecue, place on a sheet of
- 450g/1lb lean beef mince
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely grated
- 1cm/½inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 or 2 red or green chillies, deseeded (if preferred) and finely chopped
- 5-10ml/1-2tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5ml/1tsp salt
- 15ml/1tbsp sunflower oil
- Finely shredded chilli strips, to garnish
- Place the beef in a large bowl and add the onion, ginger, chilli, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Mix together thoroughly.
- Using damp hands shape the mixture into 4 evenly sized burgers. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Brush the burgers with a little oil and cook under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in rolls garnished with salad leaves, finely shredded chilli strips and a spoonful of your favourite prepared relishes and potato wedges.