Keema Cheese Toastie
A twist on a classic toasted sandwich recipe using lamb keema mince as a base and topped with grated cheese and fresh green chillies. Great for a delcious snack at any time.
- 150g prepared lamb keema (see easy lamb keema recipe)
- 50-75g grated cheese of your choice
- 1 small green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, optional
- 2 teaspoons spreadable butter or margarine
- 1 small bunch freshly chopped coriander
- 2 bread slices of your choice
- Salad leaves, to garnish
In a small bowl mix together the cheese, chilli, if used and coriander.
Put the bread slices on a clean chopping board and butter the outside of each slice.
Sprinkle half the cheese over one bread slice and add the keema evenly (do not overfill).
Finish with the remaining cheese on top of the keema and add the remaining bread slice, buttered side up.
Transfer to a hot sandwich or panini toaster and cook until brown.
Cut and serve with a salad garnish and mango chutney or tomato ketchup.