Keema Scotch Eggs
- 450g/1lb lamb mince
- 4 medium eggs
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.5cm/1inch piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped or 5ml/1tsp prepared minced ginger
- 1-2 small green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped or 5ml/1tsp hot chilli sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp prepared curry paste of your choice
- 50g/2oz fresh or frozen peas, (thawed if using frozen) and mashed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- Large handful freshly chopped coriander
- 50g/2oz plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 75g/3oz fresh or dried breadcrumbs
Put the eggs in cold water, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice-cold water.
In a large bowl together the lamb, garlic, ginger, chillies or chilli sauce, curry paste, peas and seasoning. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions.
Carefully peel the eggs and place an egg in the middle of each portion and carefully wrap the mixture around until all the egg is covered in an even 1cm thickness of the mixture. Repeat with the remaining egg.
Preheat the oven to Gas mark 4, 180°C.
Put the flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs into separate small bowls. Dip each Scotch egg into the flour, then egg and breadcrumb to coat. Transfer to a slightly greased ovenproof dish or a non-stick roasting tin and cook for 25 minutes.
Serve the eggs with a sweet chilii sauce and mayo dip and a green salad.