Keema Stuffed Cabbage
Lamb keema mince mixed with rice, then wrapped in cooked cabbage leaves and lightly poached in lamb or vegetable stock. A quick supper dish that is full of flavour.
- 350g prepared lamb keema (see lamb keema recipe)
- 150ml of good hot lamb or vegetable stock
- 1 large green cabbage, base trimmed
- 100g cooked rice
- Bring a large saucepan of water to boil and place the whole cabbage in the water, stalk side up.
- Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes then remove the cabbage with a slotted spoon, separate the larger outer leaves with a sharp knife, removing each one by one. Drain on kitchen paper (you’ll need about 8-10 leaves).
- Make a V-shaped cut to remove the thickest part of the stalk on each leaf.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C,150°C Fan, Gas Mark 3.
- Mix the rice into the keema and place a tablespoonful in the centre of each leaf. Fold in the sides and roll up tightly.
- Transfer to a heatproof casserole dish. Pour over the stock, cover and cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve the parcels with seasonal vegetables.