Korean Crispy Lamb
- 675g/1½lb lamb mince
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped or crushed or 10ml/2tsp garlic purée
- 45ml/3tbsp Korean chilli paste (Gochujang) or chilli paste of your choice
- 30ml/2tbsp soy sauce
- 30ml/2tbsp rice wine or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 300g/14oz cooked rice or udon noodles
- 300g/14oz prepared spiralised vegetables (2 small courgettes and carrots)
- Juice of 1 lime or lemon
- 2-3 spring onions, finely chopped
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
In a large bowl and mix together the lamb, garlic, chilli paste, soy sauce and rice wine or balsamic vinegar and seasoning.
Heat a large, shallow, non-stick frying pan until hot and dry fry the mince for 15 minutes under a high heat, until the mince is crispy, turning occasionally and breaking up the clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
Meanwhile put the noodles in a large bowl cover with boiling water and set aside for 2-3 minutes until the noodles are hot. Drain and return to the bowl.
Add the spiralised vegetables and noodles to the pan with the mince. Season if required, add the lime or lemon juice and toss gently to mix.
Garnish with the spring onions and serve with a dash of chilli sauce.