Lamb Leg Steak with Garlic Potatoes and Grapefruit Salad
An all-in-one tray bake supper! Lamb leg steaks oven roasted with garlicky mustard small new potatoes, onions and fresh rosemary and served with a refreshing pink grapefruit salad. Recipe supplied by Ali Imdad in association with Simply Beef and Lamb.
- 4 x 150g/5½oz lamb leg steaks
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30ml/2tbsp rapeseed or olive oil
- 750g/1lb 10oz baby new potatoes, roughly chopped, par-boiled for 5-10 minutes and drained
- 30ml/2tbsp garlic paste
- 45ml/3tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 10ml/2tsp wholegrain mustard
- For the Salad
- :2 pink grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 1 x 100g bag salad leaves of your choice
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan with half the oil.
- Season the steaks, cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until brown and set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a non-stick roasting tin and add the remaining oil, garlic paste, lemon juice, onion and rosemary.
- Mix together with your hands so that the potatoes are thoroughly coated in the garlicky mix. Season. Add in the browned lamb steaks on top, brush them with the mustard and cook in a pre-heated oven at Gas mark 6, 200°C for 20 minutes, or until the lamb is completley cooked through.
- .Meanwhile, make the incredibly quick grapefruit salad. Put the grapefruit in a large bowl, add the salad leaves, season and toss. This doesn't really need a dressing as the juice from the grapefruit works as that, but if you wanted you could mix some rapeseed or olive oil with some grapefruit juice and a healthy pinch of ground pepper.
- Serve the lamb whole or sliced with the roasted vegetables and the salad.