Lamb Leg Steaks with a Herb and Paprika Rub
These lamb leg steaks dusted in a herb and paprika rub makes them a great midweek meal. Cook in a pan, under the grill or on the barbecue then serve with potato wedges or chips and a side salad.
- 2 x 150g/5½oz lean, boneless lamb leg steaks
- 10ml/2tsp rapeseed or olive oil
- For the Herb and Paprika Rub
- :15ml/1tbsp dried thyme
- 15ml/1tbsp dried basil leaves
- 15ml/1tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 10ml/2tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
Place all the ingredients on a shallow plate and mix well.
- Brush the steaks with a little oil.
Coat the steaks with the rub on both sides and cook on the hob in a griddle pan for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until any meat juices run clear. Alternatively, cook the steaks under a preheated grill or on a prepared barbecue for the same cooking time.
Transfer the steaks to a warm plate and serve with any meat juices from the pan, potato wedges and a green salad.