Piquant Mini Burgers with Apple and Chilli Slaw
Do try these great mini burgers made with beef mince, lemon zest, sun-dried tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce and wholegrain mustard. Cooked under the grill or on the barbecue and served in a burger buns with the apple and chilli slaw. Delicious
- 450g beef mince
- Grated zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
For the Apple and Chilli Slaw:
- ½ white cabbage (approx. 300g), cored and shredded
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 green apple, cored and finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150g Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cider or white wine vinegar
- Mix all the burger ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 10-12 small 5cm burgers. If time allows cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the apple and chilli slaw; in a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Cover and chill in the fridge until required.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in buns or rolls of your choice with a salad garnish and the slaw.