Coffee-Rubbed Chuck Burgers
These beef burgers are extra special as they are made with chuck mince (ask your butcher to do this for you) then combined with a quick coffee rub made with ground coffee, light brown sugar, ground coriander and dried mixed herbs. Pop on the barbecue or under the grill and serve in burger buns with salad leaves and a ranch dressing.
- 450g chuck beef mince (15% fat)
For the Coffee Rub:
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground medium blend coffee
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- Salad leaves and ranch dressing, to garnish
- Put the mince in a large bowl, season well and gently mix together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into four 9cm burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the coffee rub; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Dust the burgers in the rub on both sides and cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill or for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked or until any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in bread rolls of your choice with salad leaves and ranch dressing.