Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers with Balsamic-Glazed Onions
Eat Serve the burgers with rolls of your choice, salad leaves, the onions and a selection of prepared relishes.
- 675g/1½lb lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 45ml/3tbsp freshly chopped oregano or 15ml/1tbsp dried oregano
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped mint
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped (reserving 60ml/4tbsp of the oil)
For the basalmic-glazed onions
- :450g/1lb red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 60ml/4tbsp good balsamic vinegar
- Bread rolls, to serve
- Lettuce leaves, to garnish
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using damp hands shape the mixture into six 9cm/3½inch evenly-sized burgers.
- Place the burgers on a large foil-lined plate or tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the balsamic glazed onions; heat the reserved oil in a large non-stick pan either on a prepared barbecue or hob. Add the onions and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft and caramelised. Add the balsamic vinegar and season. Cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a preheated grill or barbecue for 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers with rolls of your choice, salad leaves, the onions and a selection of prepared relishes.