Sun-Dried Tomato Burgers with Balsamic-Glazed Onions
Delicious beef burgers made with fresh herbs and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve the burgers with gorgeous balsamic- glazed onions.
- 675g lean beef mince
- 1 large onion, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and finely chopped (reserving 60ml/4tbsp of the oil)
For the balsamic-glazed onions:
- 450g red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- Bread rolls, to serve
- Lettuce leaves, to garnish
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using damp hands shape the mixture into six 9cm evenly-sized burgers.
- Place the burgers on a large foil-lined plate or tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the balsamic glazed onions; heat the reserved oil in a large non-stick pan either on a prepared barbecue or hob. Add the onions and cook for 8-10 minutes until soft and caramelised. Add the balsamic vinegar and season. Cook uncovered for a further 10 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a preheated grill or barbecue for 8-12 minutes, turning occasionally until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers with rolls of your choice, salad leaves, the onions and a selection of prepared relishes.