Hoisin BBQ Burgers with Sweet Pepper Relish
An oriental inspired beefburger with hoisin sauce and garlic. Great cooked on the barbecue or grilled.
- 450g/1lb lean beef mince
- 30ml/2tbsp prepared hoisin sauce
- 5ml/1tsp sesame oil, optional
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly milled pepper
For the Sweet Pepper Relish:
- 1 small orange or yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, peeled and finely chopped or 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 45ml/4tbsp prepared plum sauce
1.In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm/3½inch burgers. Cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
2.Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
3.Meanwhile prepare the sweet pepper relish; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
4.Serve the burgers in buns with salad leaves and the sweet pepper relish.