Hoisin BBQ Burgers with Sweet Pepper Relish
An oriental inspired beefburger with hoisin sauce and garlic. Great cooked on the barbecue or grilled.
- 450g lean beef mince
- 2 tablespoons prepared hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
For the Sweet Pepper Relish:
- 1 small orange or yellow pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, peeled and finely chopped or 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons prepared plum sauce
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm burgers. Cover and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile prepare the sweet pepper relish; in a small bowl mix all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Serve the burgers in buns with salad leaves and the sweet pepper relish.