Classic BBQ Burgers with Cheese
This is an all-time favourite recipe. Beef mince seasoned, shaped into burgers and finished with slices of cheese. A fail-safe burger recipe for the barbecue.
- 450g beef mince (12% fat)
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- To Serve:
- Burger rolls
- Onion rings
- Salad leaves and tomatoes
- Place the beef in a large bowl and season.
- Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into the mixture into four 9cm burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on one side. Turn the burgers over and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the cheese and continue to cook for a further minute or until the cheese just melts.
- Serve with rolls, onions, salad leaves, tomatoes and relishes.