Tasty Burgers with Pickled Cucumber Relish
A great alfresco beef burger recipe with a pickled cucumber relish made with mayonnaise, dill, mustard and pickled cucumber.
- 450g/1lb beef mince
- 1 small green apple, e.g. Granny Smith, grated
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 30-45ml/2-3tbsp freshly chopped chives
For the Pickled Cucumber Relish
- :90ml/5tbsp Greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped dill
- 10-15ml/2-3tsp Dijon mustard
- 50g/2oz pickled cucumbers or gherkins, drained and finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper, to garnish
- Muffins or burger buns, to serve
- Salad accompaniments, to serve
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into four 10cm/4inch burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or under a preheated, moderate grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked, or until any meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare the relish; place all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix gently.
- Serve the burgers with salad accompaniments and a spoonful of the relish in either an English muffin or burger bun of your choice.