Lamb Rosemary and Apple Burgers with Apple and Cider Relish
- 450g lean lamb mince
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 medium cooking apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
For the apple and cider relish:
- 2 dessert apples, cored and finely chopped
- 225g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 50g sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 150ml cider
- In a large, shallow bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into 4 x 9cm. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the apple relish; place all the ingredients into a large non-stick pan and gently bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve cold.
- Cook the burgers on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 6-8 minutes on each side until cooked and any meat juices run clear.
- Serve the burgers in rolls of your choice with salad leaves, onions and a spoonful of the relish.