Spring Rice Salad
Perfect accompaniment for the peppered roast beef, combining rice, asparagus, cucumber and spring onion in a honey and mustard dressing. Ideal for barbecues too.
- 150g long-grain rice
- 300g asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm/1inch pieces
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- ½ x 15g pack freshly chopped dill
- Fresh dill leaves, to garnish
- Cook the rice according to the packet instructions. Drain thoroughly, transfer to a large bowl, fluff up with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the asparagus in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes, drain and refresh with cold water. Mix the asparagus, spring onion and cucumber with the rice.
- To prepare the dressing; place all the ingredients apart from the fresh dill leaves in a screw-topped jar, cover and shake well. Pour over the salad, mix well, garnish with the dill leaves and serve with the peppered beef.