Sweet Chilli and Herb Burgers with Beetroot and Mint Relish
These burgers are delicious with onions,garlic,herbs and sweet chilli sauce. They are great for barbecues and alfresco parties and take under 20 minutes to cook.
- 450g lean lamb or beef mince
- 1 small onion, peeled and grated
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and finely crushed
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons prepared sweet chilli sauce
For the Beetroot and Mint Relish:
- 3-4 small cooked beetroot (not in vinegar), finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons reduced calorie crème fraiche or Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly chopped mint
- In a large bowl mix all the burger ingredients together. Using slightly damp hands shape the mixture into four 10cm burgers. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated, moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue for 6-8 minutes on both sides until thoroughly cooked or until any meat juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, prepare the relish; place all the ingredients into a small bowl and mix gently.
- Serve the burgers with a spoonful of the relish in bread rolls of your choice.