Tandoori Rib-Eye Steaks
Easy to prepare steak dish with an Indian twist. Rib eye or rump steak in prepared tandoori marinade with a cooling yogurt, coriander and cucumber raita.
Based on a 2cm thick steak
To Cook Rare: 2½ minutes on each side
To Cook Medium: 4 minutes on each side
To Cook Well Done: 6 minutes on each side
- 4 lean rib-eye, sirloin or rump steaks
- 4 tablespoons prepared tandoori paste
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
For the cucumber, coriander and yogurt raita
- 1 x 200g tub plain or Greek yogurt
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 small handful freshly chopped coriander
- Place the steaks on a shallow dish. Mix together the tandoori paste and garlic. Brush the mixture over the steaks on both sides. Cover and marinate for up to 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Prepare the raita; in a small bowl mix together all the ingredients and set aside.
- Brush off any excess paste from the steaks and cook under a moderate preheated grill according to your preference.
- Serve the steaks with plain basmati rice, poppadoms or naan bread, the raita and mango chutney.