Tasty Lamb Pastry Twists
- 300g lean lamb mince
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground cumin
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 2 x 320g puff pastry sheets
- 50g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Heat a large non-stick pan until hot. Add the mince, onion, garlic, spices and seasoning. Dry fry for 10 minutes under a moderate heat, stirring occasionally until the mince is brown.
2. Remove from the heat and add the courgette.
3. Lay the pastry sheets onto a large square baking sheet, lined with baking parchment or grease proof paper.
4. Position a large dinner plate in the centre of the pastry and cut out a large circle. Remove the first pastry disc.
5. Spoon the filling over the base of the pastry disc and sprinkle over the cheese. Place the other pastry disc on top. Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan, Gas Mark 6.
6. Take a glass and gently place it in the centre of the pastry disc. Using a knife or scissors, cut the strips away from the edge of the glass to the edge of the pastry disc.
7. Take each strip and twist gently. Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Serve immediately.